Your corporate network is the heart of your business. You therefore want the processes that take place within your company network to happen quickly and securely. To prevent external threats, it is wise to take security measures with security products. You can do this with a firewall. A firewall is a network security device that monitors incoming and outgoing network traffic and determines which traffic is allowed or blocked based on a defined set of security rules.
What types of firewalls exist?
There are different types of firewalls. But which type of firewall is right for your situation? You have a choice of the following types:
- Packet filtering firewall / multipurpose firewalls: A packet filtering or multipurpose firewall operates at the network layer of the TCP/IP protocol stack. Based on a set of rules, the firewall determines whether an IP packet is allowed to pass or blocked. Thanks to packet filtering, exceptions can be made in traffic that may be permitted from the outside to, for example, a web server.
- PIX: Private Internet eXchange (PIX) was used for IP firewalls and network address translation (NAT). PIX is no longer supplied new, but is still offered refurbished.
- ASA: Today, Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) is primarily used and has taken over many of the PIX functions. ASA does have additional options including: Stateful Inspection, ACLs, SSL, VPN and intrusion prevention.
- Application layer firewall: An application layer firewall also works on the application layer of the TCP/IP protocol stack. For each supported protocol, a piece of software determines whether packets are stopped or allowed through. Each protocol is handled separately. This piece of software can consist of much more than a few simple rules.
- Stateless firewall: A stateless firewall treats each packet separately, the firewall does not store any information about the connections passing through it in the meantime.
- Stateful firewall: A stateful firewall does keep intermediate information of connections passing through the firewall. This allows the firewall to better distinguish between allowed and unallowed packets.
What security products are available at Qualified Networks?
Qualified Networks supplies all of the above firewalls, both new and refurbished. Besides packet filtering and ASA we also supply refurbished PIX firewalls that are no longer supplied new.
Whatever security products you are looking for, we make sure that you get your desired security products quickly. Do you have any questions about our security products? Then please contact us! We are happy to give you more information about these products.
This is why you choose Qualified Networks:
- Great service, our experts are ready to answer your questions
- Fast delivery: we can deliver most products within 24 hours. This way you can get started right away.
- Sharp prices, we offer discounts up to 95% including a lifetime warranty
Curious about the possibilities? Please contact us or request a quote directly and without obligation.
Why choose Qualified Networks?
Do you want to sell your old IT equipment? Or do you want to buy refurbished or new IT equipment? Then choose Qualified Networks. You will be personally assisted by our specialists, so you can make the best choice from all the equipment we offer. In addition, you can get help configuring your new IT equipment and deleting the data on your old equipment.
- Sharpest prices purchase & sale
Both for the purchase and sale of IT equipment you will always receive or pay a competitive price.
- Delivery often within 24 hours
You often receive your purchased IT equipment within 24 hours. So you can get started with your equipment in no time.
- Certified data removal
Sensitive corporate data is removed from your IT equipment in a certified manner. This ensures that your sensitive business data is safely and 100% deleted.
- Lifetime warranty on your equipment
Is your IT equipment not working properly? Thanks to our lifetime warranty, we’ll make sure your IT equipment is working properly again.
- Entire logistics process taken care of
Perhaps you don’t have the time or resources to bring or pick up your IT equipment yourself. That’s why we arrange the entire logistics process for you.